Friday, March 07, 2008

No Spring Break in Austin For Me

As an aspiring film critic (and aspiring expense account holder) it has been a dream of mine to be able to make all the film festival rounds: Cannes, Toronto, Park City, Utah. And what I think is perhaps the friendliest (though one of the most under reported) gathering of film and culture minds: the South by Southwest Film and Music Festival in Austin, Tex., which runs from today through March 16.

Festival officials will also be holding SXSW's 2nd "Interactive Festival," celebrating new media technology; I'm pretty sure they added that just to make it more painful for me to be in Boston.

Alas, I am yet only a student who writes film reviews and news out of the goodness of my heart and the sheer size of my ego, and am not able to go. If you'd like to follow the show, Salon's Andrew O'Hehir definitely gives a good rendition of the happenings.

Photo via Flickr...this is the hilarity that ensues when I google "child and sad"




No comments: