Monday, November 20, 2006


Movie Maven will be off for a week to celebrate the holidays. But I'll be back very soon to finish the, uh, four posts I have mouldering in the blogger queue. Ah well.

This lovely time of year, where we celebrate our American superority by stuffing our arteries with turkey and pie with Cool Whip, always reminds me of a touching line from the comedic quaretet Firesign Theater. I'll leave you with these words immortalizing the true meaning of Thanksgiving:
My fellow settlers! We stand here at the edge of civilization, on the banks of the Mississippi river. Lookin west, at our Destiny! What may appear to the faint-hearted as a limitless expanse of God forsaken wilderness, is in reality a golden opportunity for humble, God fearin' people like ourselves and our families and our children and the generations a-comin' to carve a new life - out of the American Indian!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Slackerrrr...

<3 you! merry merry Christmas!
~Jill